Monday, May 19, 2014

Ten Actors That Would Be A [WAY] Better Gambit Than Channing Tatum

I'm usually not upset about a casting decision. I didn't even blink when they announced Ben Affleck as Batman. However; recently there was an official announcement that Channing Tatum is slated to play Gambit from X-Men. I almost can't even say that without heaving. I have never been so upset about a casting decision...EVER! So as part of my self-imposed therapy, I have compiled a short list of actors that would have been a MUCH better choice than Tatum.
 Some on this list don't have very good acting skills but all of them are far and away better at acting than...you know who. 
This is not in order of preference.


NUMBER 10: Stephen Amell
Heartland (tv) & Arrow (tv)
He would bring a harder side to Gambit. He's got the body,  the jawline, and great physical ability too. I'm not sure how people would react to him playing two comic book characters at the same time (Green Arrow), and also not sure if there is any kind of back story intertwining Green Arrow and Gambit in the DC vs Marvel Universe battles. I know that fans have created mock battles between Green Arrow and Gambit so... *shrug*



NUMBER 9: Theo James
Golden Boy (tv), Divergent (film), Underworld: Awakening (film)
He's got the Gambit sex appeal and he's probably the best actor on this list.





NUMBER 8: Kellan Lutz
 Twilight series ("film") I know I know. He's not my favorite choice but I would still rather have him than Channing Tatum.



NUMBER 7: William Levy
Latin tv actor & DWTS runner up. He does have a noticeable Cuban accent. Although it wouldn't be the first time an actor had to learn a new accent for a role, he might have a hard time pulling it off.

 

NUMBER 6: Ashton Kutcher
That 70's Show (tv), Butterfly Effect (film), Two and a Half Men (tv)
He's probably a surprising pick to most but he looks like Gambit & he would most likely have the best chance of getting the accent spot on.


 



NUMBER 5:Matt Barr
One Tree Hill (tv), Hellcats (tv)
Not sure about his acting ability, but he's got the right...ahem...build.
 



NUMBER 4: Jamie Dornan
Once Upon a Time (tv), The Fall (tv)
He has officially been confirmed to play Christian Grey in The Fifty Shades of Grey. Need I say more?



NUMBER 3: Josh Duhamel
Las Vegas (tv), Transformers series (film)
Granted he might a little too old to be playing Gambit now, but he's only about 5 years older than Tatum.




NUMBER 2: Alex Pettyfer
I Am Number Four (film), Beastly (film), In Time (film), & -.- Magic Mike ("film")
I think he would be a great Gambit. He's got the acting ability and the look.



NUMBER 1: Jared Padalecki
Gilmore Girls (tv), Supernatural (tv)
Okay...so...he's not the greatest actor but O.M.G. he looks exactly like Gambit.






 I could list another 10 but you get the idea. #XMenFail



No comments:

Post a Comment