Monday, May 26, 2014

Cabin In The Woods (2013)


The Cabin in the Woods is not anything close to what I was expecting. It's going to be difficult to review this one without spoilers. I'll try my best.

Even though it has the same cheesy slasher premise, it goes to an interpretative level of artistic expression. There are layers to this that remind me of The Cube series, more specifically Cube Zero (2004); a film that I wrote a thesis about in college interpreting religious symbology in film and a highly recommended watch. ANYWAY, back to The Cabin in the Woods! It melds the entire slasher/horror genre into one story. It's quite crazy and creative.

It's still clearly a scary movie. I would not watch this alone! There isn't much else to say without giving away too much. The acting was unoffensive and Bradley Whitford is good as always. I was quite surprised to find out that Josh Whedon co-wrote the script, but after watching it you can definitely see his hand-print on it.

It's a scary, fun, and entertaining movie.

The Cabin in the Woods trailer:


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/

No comments:

Post a Comment